- Admire the arch
5 lucky signs were installed in Chinatown in 2015. Come and touch the signs and make your wish come true!
(picture and description)
- Buy authentic ingredients for your homemade meal
Several Asian grocery and BBQ stores presents fresh ingredients and sauces you need to make an exotic homemade meal.
- Develop Chinese painting & Calligraphy skills
Learn one of the oldest continuous artistic traditions in the world by taking a Chinese painting class in Chinatown. Chinese painting and calligraphy distinguish themselves from other cultures’ arts by emphasis on motion and change with dynamic life. It is believed that by practicing them helps one to maintain mindfulness and maintain calmness in life.
- Find your zodiac
What is your zodiac? Do you know? The Chinese Zodiac is based on a twelve-year cycle, each year in that cycle related to an animal sign. These signs are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. In Chinatown, these zodiacs are imbedded into the sidewalks. Come and find them and also learn about what it means in your zodiac.
- immerse in a multicultural corner
- Join a food& culture walk
- Look for excitements and surprises
- Parade with the lions
- Sip a cup of bubble tea and count the “pearls” in your life
- Sit in an unique parklet
- Take a cooking class
- Taste delicious food
- Try Chinese medicine and traditional healing methods
- Visit the churches, community centres and Chinese senior centre